Computer Specialist - Surrey Fire Services
City of Surrey
Computer Specialist – Surrey Fire Services
The Surrey Fire Services is currently recruiting for a regular fulltime Computer Specialist. This position works as part of a cross-functional team supporting critical software for an emergency dispatch centre as well as fire service operational staff. The successful candidate will join our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative multidisciplinary professionals to function as a senior applications analyst. You will use your skills and expertise with software applications to deliver business solutions for our fire service subject matter experts. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and a chance to make a difference, we encourage you to keep reading.
Using your technical expertise, project management skills, and business acumen, you will be an in-house expert for providing analysis, solutions and transition processes for evolving our FDM CAD/RMS software and other public safety related applications for the Surrey Fire Service.
Desired skills and assets:
- In-depth knowledge of SQL for importing, exporting, scripting and Db mgmt.
- Skills and knowledge utilizing ESRI ARCGIS for mapping and geospatial analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and ability to see how you impact an operational “big picture”
- Effective time management and organization skills will be critical as you deliver on your objectives within demanding timelines and changing areas of focus.
- Excellent multidisciplinary teamwork qualities and collaboration skills as you work with non-IT fire service SME’s.
- Direct experience with FDM programming and professional services.
- Quick learning and adaptive capability with different types of software.
- Desktop and Hardware generalist skills
- Session Initiation Protocol for voice over internet protocol knowledge
To be considered you will possess a minimum:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an acceptable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A minimum of 6 years of directly related and relevant experience.
- A class 5 driver’s license with a safe driving record
- A satisfactory criminal record check
- Availability for on call support of critical applications and systems
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca