Senior Project Engineer
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Senior Project EngineerJob ID 18-105
Job Class Regular Full-time
Employment Group Exempt
# of Vacancies 1
Posting Period December 17, 2018 - January 20, 2019
The Senior Project Engineer will provide supervision and technical and project management leadership to the engineering capital works projects and programs, will lead design and construction projects, and will undertake key City projects and studies for asset management. This position supervises technical design and construction staff and will be responsible for the management and implementation of capital engineering works and roll out of a variety of projects, including the full spectrum of project management duties. The Senior Project Engineer will provide considered options and advice to management and Council on engineering and technical matters.
This position will provide technical and project management leadership on projects such as municipal utility infrastructure, transportation, structural, and park infrastructure, and will lead or oversee the design and construction of municipal works, infrastructure and services in coordination with identified design standards and requirements. The Senior Project Engineer will administer, review and interpret designs, technical reports, drawings, and specifications prepared by engineering consultants, and will lead public and stakeholder consultation, permitting, and First Nation engagement to support project implementation. This position will also prepare and present technical reports to management and / or Council, act for Manager of Project Delivery Services as required, and work to foster and maintain positive relationships with staff, stakeholders, interest groups, clients, and residents.
Please note that employment at the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police information Check as well as a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or similar and registered (or eligible for) P. Eng. designation in BC
- Formal education in Project Management, Transportation Planning or other relevant area of study an asset
- Minimum 5 years of related experience managing municipal -related projects with demonstrated project management experience within a municipal government or engineering firm
- Knowledge of municipal engineering, in particular transportation, structures, and municipal utility infrastructure
- Experience assessing tenders and proposals, designing contracts and developing budgets and work plans
- Knowledge of relevant Acts, bylaws, regulations and policies
- Experience administering and managing contracts with Master Municipal Construction Documents (MMCD) and MMCD Contract Administrator Certification would be an asset
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated team-oriented leadership capabilities and strong relationship building qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing reports and presentations
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to quality and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Class 5 Driver's license
- Familiarity with CAD, GIS mapping systems, document management systems an asset
- Environmental knowledge and experience working with other government agencies a definite asset
Date Added 12/6/2018
Branch/Location Office City Hall
City Port Moody
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
Compensation & Benefits Overview The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.