Head Lifeguard/Instructor - Jan to Dec 2019 TermClosing Date: Open till filled
Employer: Town of Inuvik
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
HEAD LIFEGUARD/INSTRUCTOR – Jan to Dec 2019 Term
Competition will remain open until filled
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, trustworthy and dependable
- Be understanding of the northern cultural, rural and political environment
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience developing, planning, executing, and evaluating pool related activities for all levels of swimmers
- Possess the following current Certifications: NLS, Swim Instructor, Life Saving Instructor, and Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- The preferred candidate will also possess one or more of the following Certifications: NLS Instructor, Swim Instructor Trainer, Lifesaving Instructor Trainer, and First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
Equivalencies recognizing related education and experience may be considered.
The successful applicant must pass a current RCMP issued Enhanced Reliability Screening
The current starting salary is $27.87 per hour (approx. $57,970 per annum) with a Northern Allowance of $6.69 per hour (approx. $13,924 per annum).
Please refer to the position description for more details regarding expectations and responsibilities. A job description is available at the Town Office upon request. For more information, contact Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 777-8603
Fax: (867) 777-8601
Town of Inuvik • PO Box 1160 • 2 Firth Street • Inuvik, Northwest Territories • X0E 0T0
Phone: (867) 777-8600 • Fax: (867) 777-8601 • Web: Inuvik.ca