Water/Wastewater Operator (2 or 3)
19 – 24 Avenue South
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
Water/Wastewater Operator (2 or 3)Columbia Valley (Invermere Area)
The Regional District of East Kootenay is looking for an experienced Water/Wastewater Operator (2 or 3) located out of our Columbia Valley Office, just minutes from Invermere. Supervised by the Senior Operator, the Water/Wastewater Operator is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining 6 water and 2 wastewater systems.
- Progressive experience (three to five years) maintaining water and wastewater utilities, preferably in a local government setting
- Class II or III Water Treatment and Water Distribution Operator Certificates
- Class II Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificates
- Possession of a Chlorine Handling Certificate
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s Licence
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems and applicable government regulations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SCADA monitoring systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with contractors, developers, applicable regulating agencies, staff, and the general public.
The RDEK offers a great work environment and an attractive total compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a modified work week, learning opportunities and a provision for moving expenses. This is a permanent, full-time Union position with a starting hourly rate (depending on qualifications and experience) of $31.62 – $34.76 and an increase to $33.20 - $36.49, after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
If you are interested in joining an organization with a reputation of being a great place to work, and you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter, with references, no later than 4:30pm, Wednesday, January 23, 2019 to:
Lori Engler, Human Resources Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [MS Word format or PDF]
Please quote: Engineering - 16
Information on our organization and a complete job description are available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers). We thank all who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.