Customer Service Agent - Call Centre
Customer Service Agent - Call Centre
Do you have a passion for helping others? Our customer service goal is to ensure that every client interaction is conducted in a fair, timely, compassionate, and professional manner. We want our clients to feel that we’re providing them with a quality and value-added service. If you have experience providing exceptional customer service, and would like to be part of our call centre team in Richmond, BC — a team that makes a difference to workers and employers across the province — we’d like to hear from you.
WorkSafeBC is a place where you can build your career. You’ll be part of a team of bright and dedicated employees with opportunities for career planning, advancement, leadership development, and tuition reimbursement programs. We offer a starting hourly wage of $22.67 to $26.96, plus benefits, programs, and activities that support a healthy lifestyle.
What you’ll do
There are two types of positions: customer service agents and employer service centre agents, who assist workers with their claims process or employers with their insurance coverage. We’ll provide you with extensive training in either our claims process, or our employer assessments process. Depending on your role, your day may include:
- Responding to incoming inquiries about claims and workers’ compensation matters, and triage inquiries as necessary
- Addressing clients’ questions and concerns and update claims files
- Initiating the tele-claim process for injured workers
- Collecting, analyzing, and documenting vital information to help clients complete their applications for benefits over the phone
- Responding to incoming inquiries about employer assessments, account compliance, and financial transactions
- Providing service to employers who request assistance for online account services
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for people who can:
- Interact with workers and employers in a caring, tactful, respectful, and objective manner in sometimes sensitive or difficult circumstances
- Gather information from a variety of sources, including over the phone, in person, and by reading and interpreting information
- Organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume workload in an environment that requires multi-tasking and includes frequent interruptions
- Clearly, concisely, and accurately explain complex information both verbally and in writing
- Build and maintain rapport with a variety of individuals Your background and experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, plus some post-secondary education is preferred
- A minimum of one year of recent customer service experience (in person, over the phone, or on-line) where you worked on customer solutions providing information, support, and solving problems, or office/business experience using the phone to gather information and enter data
- Excellent English language skills, including grammar and spelling
- Must type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: January 10, 2019