District of Houston
Houston is nestled in the beautiful Bulkley Valley amongst some of BC’s finest outdoor recreational opportunities where you can enjoy cross-country skiing, fishing, hunting, and snowmobiling. There is always room on the riverbank, lake or the many walking and hiking trails in the area. If you enjoy rural living with unmatched access to the best nature has to offer, Houston is the ideal place for you – there are plenty of opportunities for you to discover why Houston is Naturally Amazing!
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Services, you will be responsible for specialized and confidential administrative work in the areas of corporate administration, grant administration and human resources, directly supporting the Chief Administrative Officer and Manager of Corporate Services.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide general administrative/secretarial support to the Chief Administrative Officer, Manager of Corporate Services, and Senior Staff including but not limited to: processing confidential material and matters; typing correspondence, reports and related materials; maintaining files; arranging appointments and meetings and coordinating travel arrangements;
- Conduct grant research, writing, submissions, and reporting on behalf of Senior Staff and Community Groups;
- Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate Services, provides administrative support in Corporate Administration processes and programs including the online agenda and minute taking;
- Assist the Corporate Officer and Staff in maintaining the LGMA Records Management System and document digitization;
- With approval from the Corporate Officer, coordinate, social media posts, website updates, press releases, newsletters, and advertisements; and
- Carry out additional duties and functions as may be assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer or Manager of Corporate Services.
You are the ideal candidate if you have a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree of an accredited program related to Public Administration, Business Administration, or related Social Sciences. You also have a proven ability to undertake research, communicate effectively, and manage frequent and changing deadlines. You will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Community Charter and the Local Government Act. This position works scheduled shifts 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Monday to Friday and flexible hours including regular evenings and/or split shifts for meetings not to exceed 40 hours a week.
This exempt position offers a salary grid of $50,000-$58,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as an attractive benefit and vacation package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, detailed resume, and a list of references by 5:00 p.m. on January 11, 2019 to:
Jessica Bagnall, Corporate Officer
District of Houston
PO Box 370 | Houston, BC | V0J 1Z0
P: 250-845-2238 | F: 250-845-3429 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
A detailed job description as well as information about the municipality and the community are available online at www.houston.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those short listed for interviews will be contacted. Please note that only the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.