Executive Project Director
BC Public Service
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Executive Project Director$101,900.00 - $127,400.00 annually
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. Improvements of vital infrastructure is a key goal, along with enhancing the competitiveness of BC transportation industries, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and providing BC with a safe and reliable highway system.
The Executive Project Director leads and directs the development, procurement, implementation and delivery of new high risk, complex major transportation infrastructure projects over $100 million. Projects are taken from original concept through to completion. The position reports to the ADM, Infrastructure Department, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business administration, public administration, related field or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a senior management role leading new major provincial/state transportation programs/ projects involving a diverse range of project portfolios.
- Relevant experience in developing partnerships, and in alternate procurement, including design/build, concession agreements and public-private partnerships.
- Experience in negotiating with national, international contractors/consortiums and/or financial lenders.
- Relevant experience establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with senior leaders across the Ministry, across government and leading organizational change associated with implementation.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior management teams in a matrix environment in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Experience in strategic business planning; contract management; financial management; and leading multi-party negotiations.
- Experience in reporting to multiple agencies such as funding partners, multiple road authority agencies and public/private Project Boards.
For more information and to apply online by January 7, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/55352