Management / Administration
Woodlands County is a vibrant and growing rural municipality of almost 5000 people with connections to an amazing region. Both outdoor and indoor opportunities for spending time with family, friends and neighbors abound. Located an hour and a half from the Edmonton Metro region with local access to great shopping and plentiful outdoor recreation opportunities, Woodlands County is a place that is easy to call home.
The business trading area includes the communities of Whitecourt, Barrhead, Mayerthorpe, Fox Creek and a number of smaller hamlets including Anselmo, Blue Ridge and the historic Fort Assiniboine. Outdoor recreation can be found in a provincial park, on either the Athabasca or McLeod rivers, at the Blue Ridge Recreation Area, Hard Luck Canyon or a number of other campgrounds. Indoor Recreation can be found at the Allan &Jean Millar Centre, the Eagle River Casino or at activities at a number of halls run by Agricultural Societies in the County. Schools are operated by Living Waters Catholic School Division and Northern Gateway Public School Division and a local hospital and health centre is run by Alberta Health Services.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 km northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. Within the 7,668 sq. km. the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
Woodlands County is seeking a dynamic individual who is seeking a challenging and rewarding career with the Woodlands County team as Area Supervisor (Whitecourt Shop) within the Infrastructure department.
FULL TIME PERMANENT - AREA FOREMAN (WHITECOURT)
Candidates should have:
- 5+ years supervisory experience in infrastructure / public works
- 5+ years’ experience in the direct daily supervision of staff and equipment in an infrastructure / public works operating environment.
- Candidate must have experience in; deploying the necessary resources required to perform various tasks such as road building, shoulder pulls, erosion control, culvert installations, dust control, beaver control, bridge repairs, re-graveling and general maintenance of asphalt, gravel and cold mix roads.
- 5+ years’ experience in dealing with public and stakeholder concerns and complaints either in person or phone and providing written follow-up
- 3+ years’ experience in developing, monitoring and working within approved annual budgets and expenditure limits
- 5+ years’ experience in assessing road conditions along with monitoring and approving road use requests, agreements and overweight permits
- An intermediate level of understanding and able to use Microsoft office suite including word, excel, outlook, power point and other financial software
- Public Works Institute designation, C.E.T. designation are assets
The remuneration for this position is $74,780 - $93,476 (based on experience and qualifications)
A valid class 5 driver’s license and current driver’s abstract acceptable to the County are required for the above noted position.
A complete job description for the position is available at; the Woodlands County Municipal Office in Whitecourt, Fort Assiniboine Regional Municipal Office or by requesting online at email@example.com
Closing Date: December 31, 2018
Application Return: Interested parties may submit their applications to:
Director of Infrastructure Services
Box 60, # 1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N3
Woodlands County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.