Project Facilitator I
Project Facilitator IRequisition ID: 12438
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Project Facilitator role is exciting and challenging and will appeal to those who want to be part of the team of developers, design professionals, builders, and City staff who are making Vancouver liveable, safe, beautiful, and innovative. This position is responsible for managing and facilitating projects through all City review and approval processes, which involves the preliminary assessment of complex and/or controversial projects and assessing project issues and overall viability of proposals. You will identify all staff review groups and required approvals and coordinate proposals through a number of submissions from the design review stage to building construction and occupancy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- As the primary contact for a project, you maintain constant liaison with project teams having a review/approval function, the project applicant and their representatives
- You organize and coordinate public consultation processes and handle queries and comments from interested citizens
- You are also required to chair public meetings, explain projects to neighbourhood groups and coordinate public presentations of other staff members.
- In addition to establishing and overseeing a schedule for project processing, you coordinate detailed project reviews by project teams and you also schedule, chair and document coordinated review meetings
- You ensure that resolution is reached on project issues, facilitate the resolution of conflict between review staff, applicant and community if required and facilitate negotiations of conditions of approval and clearances.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a University degree in Planning, Engineering, Architecture or a related field and sound related experience in urban development and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience in a related position with project management responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Significant emphasis is placed on the demonstrated ability and skill of candidates to gain the cooperation and support of individuals with divergent expectations and objectives and to negotiate changes.
- Candidates will also possess the ability to coordinate team meetings, provide direction to members and establish responsibilities and commitments to schedules and target completion dates; to manage, chair and speak at large public meetings having controversial subjects under discussion
- Ability to make presentations to official bodies and community groups
- Ability to interpret complex agreements, coordinate and prepare reports and to coordinate multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Knowledge of municipal processes, City by-laws, and roles and responsibilities in the review and approval of projects is an asset.
A current and valid BC Driver’s License is a requirement of this position. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of the Department.
Business Unit/Department: Development Services, Building & Licencing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: 12/03/2018
Position End Date: 12/06/2019
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-029: $43.09 to $50.95 per hour
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.