Park Interpreter 2019
Metro Vancouver invites applications for:
Park Interpreter 2019As a park interpreter, you will be part of a dynamic team that develops and delivers field trips, public programs and events designed to connect people with nature as well as share the importance of protecting natural areas and interpreting the special features within them.
REQUIRED LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
- A valid Occupational First Aid Certificate (Level 1)
- A valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5
- Access to a vehicle
- Canoe Flatwater II certification is desirable
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid knowledge of local natural and cultural history as demonstrated by academic training and/or self-directed learning
- Sound knowledge of interpretive principles and methods demonstrated through work experience and interpretive training or accreditation. This includes: themed program design and delivery, prop, activity and game development, event delivery and leading guided walks
- Experience working with children*, school groups, families and adults in an outdoor setting
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Training in interpretation, natural history, environmental education, outdoor recreation or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience in creating interpretive displays
- Experience working with volunteers and/or partner organizations to assist in planning and presenting specific programs and events
Park Interpreter I: completion of one year post-secondary education and some interpretive experience
Park Interpreter II: post-secondary graduation and interpretive work experience
WAGE RATE (plus 12% in lieu of benefits)
Park Interpreter l: $24.36 - $28.55/hour (Union position)
Park Interpreter ll: $26.36 - $30.98/hour (Union position)
Various positions available ranging from four to nine month work terms from January to November 2019
HOURS OF WORK
Vary with position from 14 to 36.25 hours per week.
Applicants must be available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Applications will only be accepted online.
To apply please visit: www.metrovancouver.org/careers and submit your application, citing file TNPPRKINT2019 by January 4, 2019.
Please indicate if you are a student returning to school in autumn.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.