Director of Operations
WE ARE HIRING!
Competition #: 18-2018
Director of OperationsWhat a Director of Operations does:
- The operations director is responsible for operation and maintenance of roadways, utility services, works equipment and municipal buildings.
- Controls department spending within budget allocations.
- Member of Disaster Services Committee & Joint Safety Committee.
- Operate Water distribution system and waste water collection system.
- Provides general safety training and new hire orientations.
- Hiring, training, coaching and review of public works staff.
- Oversee capital projects, contracted services and equipment purchases.
- Landfill operations—adherence to environmental regulations.
- Plans and directs comprehensive maintenance and replacement program for all municipal equipment and facilities.
- This position will be required to attend and present at council meetings.
- Adherence to all Town Policies and Procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Post Secondary or trades certification relating to the position.
- Three to Five years senior management experience.
- Level II Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection, Water Treatment.
- Level I Wastewater Treatment. (minimum requirements)
- Strong comprehension regulatory requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills in working with public and coworkers.
- Experience in road construction, budgeting and admin procedures.
- Class 5 license with air brake endorsement.
- Project management experience, including blue print reading.
- Will be required to provide satisfactory RCMP check and drivers abstract.
Why work for us?
The Town of Fox Creek works hard to be known as an employer of choice in the community. We continually try to promote from within and are dedicated to providing stable, reliable employment opportunities. We are aware life happens, and we make every effort to be accommodating and flexible while upholding the bylaws and policies passed by council.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the job title in the subject line:
Town of Fox Creek 102 Kaybob Drive PO Box 149 Fox Creek, Alberta T0H 1P0
Find us on Facebook at: Town of Fox Creek
First review of applicants will take place November 30th; interviews will be awarded based on merits of candidate.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Permanent Full Time
Rate of Pay
$89,000—$120,000 plus extended health care and pension plan
Hours of Work
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Competition Close Date
Open until candidate is chosen