Blue Bus Transit Operator
Blue Bus Transit Operator
(Temporary Full Time)
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The West Vancouver Transit Department is calling for applications from drivers wishing to be considered for future Transit Operator (Conventional Operations) positions for early 2019. Reporting to the Supervisor of Transit Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• safely operating a transit vehicle from our fleet of diesel buses in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act of the Province of British Columbia, regulations and municipal bylaws, as well as policies and procedures as required by the transit department
• demonstrating courtesy and attention to passengers’ comfort and safety
• providing general information and assistance to passengers regarding routes, schedules and fares as required
• collecting and monitoring of fares, transfers, tickets and passes
• maintaining a high standard of personal appearance including the care and wearing of uniforms issued to the operator; and
• performing other related duties as required
The successful candidate will possess: a Class 2 Driver’s Licence with air brake endorsement; a driver’s abstract and claims history which demonstrates a history of safe, reliable legal driving; experience operating a bus, truck or similar vehicle; and a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and to complete a preemployment Medical Assessment with a Municipal Physician.
Please contact ICBC at 604-661-2255 or online at ICBC.com and have them email your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract to us at email@example.com. Your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract must be submitted directly from ICBC or your application will not be processed.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
Union (ATU) – Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
All shifts will start and end on the North Shore.
Rate of Pay:
$22.93 to $30.57 per hour
11:59 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.