Information Technology Coordinator
Integrated Cadastral Information Society
Information Technology Coordinator
Posting Date: November 8, 2018
Location: Victoria, BC
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
The ICI Society is seeking a highly motivated, technically savvy individual to join our small team of professionals. This is your opportunity to apply your skills to meaningful projects while learning a wide variety of new skills in a workplace that values innovation and resourcefulness. We are a small group with a big mandate, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
The IT Coordinator (ITC) will have experience in Enterprise System Management and will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The ITC will understand database structures, middle tier software, enterprise security, operating systems and corresponding hardware. The ITC will support and develop our IT infrastructure, license management, web-mapping services, data portal, website, and various member services. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Information Technology Coordinator will be an integral member of the Society’s operational team. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional to leverage their technical expertise, expand their knowledge and skills and help build and administer robust, resilient, and innovative technology solutions for our members.
- Manage the planning and operation of the Society’s technical infrastructure according to industry best practices;
- Establish IT goals, objectives and operating procedures with the support of the Executive Director, Project Manager and other identified staff;
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation and prioritizing IT initiatives, as well as coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies;
- Manage all aspects of the Society’s IT network, including maintaining the operational efficiency of the network comprised of servers located in-house and remote sites;
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures related to the management of all components of the Society’s IT system, including networks, equipment, software licenses, software applications and data management;
- Attend and participate in internal management meetings, including all meetings related to IT initiatives;
- Assure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget;
- Perform cost control activities; monitor expenditures in assigned areas to assure sound fiscal control;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget requests, ensuring effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time management;
- Work with departments in developing the business case to support investment in IT related applications and systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and six months of related experience in a business systems analyst role, OR
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and (1) year of related experience in a business systems analyst role, OR
- Certificate and (3) years of related experience in a business systems analyst role, OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and (5) years of related experience.
- A minimum of six months recent practical experience working in the information technology field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of, and passion for, technology and leading-edge technology solutions;
- Understanding of virtual environments such as VMWare;
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes and tools;
- Familiarity with Windows Server operating systems;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with multi-tasking capabilities;
- Strong interpersonal communication (written, oral and interpersonal), time management, report writing, analytical problem solving and organizational presentations;
- Ability to be flexible within the work environment, establish strong working relationships and participate in team activities effectively;
- Scripting experience with Power Shell, Python or other programming and scripting languages would be desirable;
- Experience with ArcGIS is desirable;
- Knowledge of LDAP concepts and Microsoft Active Directory is desirable;
- Experience with SharePoint administration would be an asset;
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com with subject line “ITC Application”. In your response, please detail in bullet-point fashion how your skills align to each of the noted qualification criteria and your salary expectation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: November 23, 2018