Regular Full Time
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through greenfield and infill development, innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City of Coquitlam is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Support Analyst to join our team of professionals in the Information & Communications Technology division. Reporting to the Support Desk Supervisor, the position will be responsible for:
- Service Desk technical & customer support for up to level 3 desktop support.
- Windows 10 technical support, activation and configuration.
- Office 2016 technical and user support and configuration.
- Apple MacOS technical support, activation and configuration.
- Active Directory/MS Exchange User account and mailbox administration.
- Mobile devices (smart phone and tablet) technical support, activation and configuration.
- Participate in and/or coordinate desktop projects as required.
- Software evaluation, installation and testing on corporate desktops. Ranges from simple to complex installations.
- Software license inventory administration.
- Creation and maintaining of technical documentation and user training documentation. Audio/Visual technical and customer support and documentation.
- PC/Laptop/Phone and other related hardware installations and support.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of Support Desk customer service experience, including problem solving/troubleshooting at all levels (up to advanced level 3 desktop support).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong understanding of IT best practices.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in desktop related project coordination.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with excellent time management, organization and planning skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Registry and Group Policy.
- Lifting and installing computer and telephone equipment will be required.
- Ability to work flexible hours between 7:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Valid driver’s license.
ITIL, Microsoft or other applicable certifications are considered an asset, as is experience working in a government organization. Candidates under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
The City offers a very competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an earned day off program.
Please apply online by 5 p.m. November 22, 2018 at coquitlam.ca/jobs.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted