Engineering Project Technologist – Transportation & Construction
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Engineering Project Technologist
Transportation & Construction
The City of Delta is looking for a qualified Engineering Project Technologist – Transportation/Construction. This is technical engineering in designing municipal roads and transportation projects, and monitoring construction.
The incumbent will prepare design layouts, detail drawings related to the construction of a variety of municipal transportation projects. Thereafter, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring, personally and through engineering inspection staff, the construction of such projects ensuring compliance with plans and related specifications and schedules. In addition, the work involves estimating project construction costs; preparing specifications and contract documents; consulting and maintaining liaison with and providing information, assistance and direction to a wide variety of internal and external contacts including third party utility companies, their requirements and scheduling.
The ideal candidate for this job will have the following:
- A diploma or degree in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized Institute of Technology,
- A minimum 2-5 years’ experience in the engineering design and/or construction, preferably in municipal government,
- Sound knowledge of the planning, design, construction and implementation of roads, traffic calming, cycling infrastructure, traffic signals, street lighting, and bus stop infrastructure,
- Experience in AutoCAD, Master Municipal Construction Documents and transportation modelling software,
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Strong engineering analytical skills,
- A valid BC Drivers’ Licence.
Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC) as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT) or Technician (CTech).
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary $40.48 - $47.82 per hour (commensurate with experience); and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as a 9-day fortnight system. Interested applicants are requested to apply on-line at www.delta.ca/employment quoting competition # 18-145 EX by November 25, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2