Development Engineering Technologist III
Development Engineering Technologist III
- The City of Campbell River has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Engineering Technologist to join our team.
- Put your expertise to use in this dynamic role and make a difference in our community.
- Receive a competitive salary plus a host of great benefits!
Working with the City of Campbell River
At the City of Campbell River, we believe our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and play an important role in creating and sustaining a vibrant, healthy and safe community for our residents. We strive to provide a respectful, collaborative and inclusive workplace where employees are appreciated and recognized for their contributions.
But don't just take our word for it, check out the many diverse reasons as to why our employees believe the City is a great place to work by watching our “At Your Service” video.
About the City of Campbell River
Located on Vancouver Island, the City of Campbell River was voted as one of the “Best Cities to Work in” by BC Business magazine in 2018. Surrounded by majestic mountains and spectacular views of Discovery Passage, Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small-town feel with large city amenities. From summer markets and events, to a very active arts and culture community, to year-round, world-class recreational opportunities and affordable housing options, the Campbell River lifestyle is unparalleled. It is no wonder that residents consider it one of the best locations in Canada to work, live and play!
For more info, check out our website!
Your New Role
We are seeking an experienced Development Engineering Technologist III to join our team.
Reporting to Development Engineering Supervisor and as part of an integrated development services team, you will work in a fast-paced and customer focused environment.
In this key role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing and approving engineering design drawings and reports for subdivision and development applications, including Building Permits, Major Development Applications and Environmental Development Permits
- Acting as File Manager for subdivision applications including circulation, drafting preliminary approval and final acceptance, and liaising with other departments regarding impacts or conflicts of applications received
- Building and maintaining effective communication and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications
- Conducting detailed analysis and preparing comprehensive engineering reports on land development and municipal engineering issues
- Performing field inspections and site visits
- Preparing and delivering presentations at public meetings as required
- Providing technical advice, service and support to residents and developers and other City staff
Our ideal candidates will possess:
- A two-year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related field from a recognized postsecondary educational institution
- Registration or eligible for registration with ASTTBC or EGBC or other self-regulated professional association
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the review and analysis, or design and construction of municipal works and services
- Thorough knowledge of current relevant civil engineering principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of municipal and provincial regulations, standards, and practices in regards to land development and an understanding of the impact of development on municipal infrastructure.
In addition to excellent analytical, problem-solving, leadership, and communications skills, you have the ability to exercise sound decision-making while multitasking and working under tight timelines to respond to rapid changes in direction and priorities.
In this pivotal role, you will need to be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships, represent the City’s interests in a professional manner and be willing to contribute to maintaining a respectful, safe and supportive work environment.
For a detailed job description on this CUPE bargaining unit position, please click here.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that supports the financial security, health and wellbeing of our employees and their families.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will be rewarded with a competitive wage of $39.35 per hour based on a 40 hour work week plus:
- An opportunity to work with great people in a supportive, fun, team environment
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- Extended health and dental benefits, and group life insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program for employees and family members
- 2 weeks paid vacation after the first year, and 3 weeks after the second year
- Social events – annual events and casual social get-togethers
- Long term employment opportunity
If you are looking for a dynamic working environment where you will be provided opportunities to continue to grow and learn new skills, then this is the right opportunity for you!
To apply for this role, please visit: https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/104410
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 4, 2018
City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann’s Road, Campbell River, BC