GIS Business Analyst
GIS Business AnalystFinance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$41.27 - $46.79 per hour
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on November 23, 2018
The GIS Business Analyst is an integral part of a team responsible of the design, technical implementation and ongoing support of the CRD’s Geographic Information System and Land Information System. This position is responsible for gathering business requirements from business units and providing highly technical system solutions that supports organizational strategy and business goals related to the open data strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business units to define business and system requirements and functional designs to support the organization’s GIS and Enterprise Asset Management strategy, Open Data Portal and future business goals.
- Works closely with the Supervisor, GIS & Asset Integration on the utilization and support of web based GIS applications.
- Develops relational databases to meet CRD business needs and/or the needs of external clients.
- Undertakes data compilation, modeling, and analysis, using GIS and other tools in order to produce maps, reports, dashboards etc.
- Implements and promotes the CRD’s spatial open data strategy.
- Recommends, plans, and executes improvement and transformation initiatives.
- Prepares estimates for the development of a business case and project costing of new projects.
- Executes projects using current project management and system development life cycle standards and adheres to ITIL change management principles.
- Uses application development tools to develop system prototypes to meet corporate business needs related to the support and management of GIS.
- Assists in the development and implementation of GIS and land systems with adherence to systems development life cycle.
- Maintains enterprise level data such as cadastre, address, and zoning etc.
- Provides expert enterprise level technical guidance and advice to internal and external clients.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 6 years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Proficient developing, working with, and troubleshooting Web Services (SOAP, REST, WCF, ASP.Net Web API)
- Knowledge of Microsoft based server technologies including IIS
- Advanced level knowledge and skills using GIS software, specifically the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise platform including the data tier, web services tier and the client tier
- Knowledge of enterprise data architecture, in particular Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with open source web mapping software
- Experience developing mapping and data solutions for the World Wide Web
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Excellent business analysis skills
- Knowledge of open data strategies and methodology
- Preferred experience with Socrata, ESRI open data portal or similar open data portals
- Knowledge and application of advanced statistical analysis
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and to perform all duties with minimal direction
- Extensive experience working with various business areas in analysing and documenting business requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to keep current with new technologies and skill sets
- Strong project management, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures
- Ability to be a strong team member and promote team work and collaboration
- Experience with Geocortex product suite and ArcGIS Online
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.