BC Public Service
Ministry of Agriculture
Regional Planner$67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) is the provincial body responsible for administering the provincial Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR), governed by the Agricultural Land Commission Act (ALCA) and Agricultural Land Reserve Use, Subdivision and Procedure Regulation. The Commission is hosted by a Ministry of the provincial government; however, the work of the ALC is carried out by an independent government-appointed Chair and board of directors who report directly to the legislature via the host Minister.
The Senior Planning Officer provides expert advice, evaluation, and recommendations to the ALC and local governments about land use plans and bylaws, planning and related local, regional, provincial and federal land use projects that affect the ALR. This position ensures adherence to legislative requirements, policies and standards. This is a position for those who are seeking to have a significant and lasting impact on BC’s planning landscape.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in community planning or another relevant field such as agriculture or environmental planning and 3 or more years of directly related experience
- Experience in the land use planning field
- Experience leading and managing projects related to land use planning
- Supervisory experience and/or experience leading project teams of 3 people or more
- Preference may be given to applicants who have membership, or are eligible for membership in the Planning Institute of BC and the Canadian Institute of Planners