HR / Benefits / Payroll
Town of Edson
The success of an organization is dependent on its people. Having identified that our greatest asset is our human capital, the Town of Edson is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable HR generalist to join our senior leadership team.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the HR Manager will provide a full range of HR services to both management and staff from administration of workplace injury and illness claims through to the interpretation and administration of the Collective Agreement and employer policies. The candidate must support and progress the work of recruitment, labour relations, employees relations, disability management and health and safety. A detailed job description can be found at www.edson.ca/jobs.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics coupled with the necessary educational requirements:
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources and Health & Safety practices.
- Creativity and innovativeness; ability to continually improve services and processes in the face of new circumstances, evolving priorities, and resource constraints.
- Advanced organizational skills; ability to handle a variety of complex projects/tasks with competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Skills in financial planning, business analysis, and project management.
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Generally, the following minimum credentials are expected:
- Post secondary degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations, Business or a related field.
- CPHR designation or other applicable certifications would be considered an asset.
- Substantial general human resources experience including labour relations, in a unionized environment.
- Experience in Collective Bargaining will be considered an asset.
Closing Date: November 23, 2018
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including an introductory letter quoting competition #EDSOM-12 before 4:00pm, November 23rd, 2018 to:
Town of Edson
PO Box 6300, Edson, AB T7E 1T7
Visit our website at: www.edson.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.