Management / Administration
Town of Strathmore
Manager of Infrastructure Services
Full Time – Permanent (35 Hrs/Week)
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, Operations and Development Services, this position is responsible for management of the infrastructure planning and development functions of the Municipality. Duties include the planning and management of capital works projects, management, and administration of the Town’s statutory engineering and development documents and bylaws. This position will supervise the daily operations of the infrastructure team, contractors, and consultants; ensuring all work and projects are conducted in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation. The Manager reviews current projects and workloads and makes recommendations on prioritizing projects and required resources; including budgeting, personnel requirements, and resource allocation.
- Extensive working knowledge of Municipal Engineering design;
- Clear understanding of the Municipal Government Act, specifically relating to planning and development engineering regulations;
- Experience in infrastructure system design, construction and/or operation including sanitary, sewer and water mains;
- Ability to foster positive relationships with members of the public, Council, contractors, developers, community, government agencies, and staff;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively mentor and develop staff;
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperation and teamwork while leading multi-disciplinary teams of staff and/or consultants;
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management;
- Experienced in preparation and tendering of municipal projects; and
- Broad knowledge of municipal construction practices.
Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience including three (5) years of leadership experience, ideally in diverse municipal settings. Combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Education: Completion of a University degree or technical diploma in civil engineering. P. Eng. Designation (or working towards).
About the Benefits: In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be compensated with a competitive salary as well as an extensive range of benefits.
Closing Date: November 30, 2018
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Submit a complete resume of experience and qualifications, quoting Competition No.TOS-2018-39 to:
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1