Management / Administration
Town of Whitecourt
Human Resource Coordinator
The Town of Whitecourt is your local government at work. Council and staff function on behalf of the community to enhance the quality of life for all residents, with a commitment to the well-being of our community. Our organization now has an opening for a full-time, permanent, Human Resource Coordinator within the Corporate Services Department. This is a full time permanent position that works closely with other experienced staff in the Town’s organization.
Duties will include:
- Supervision and completion of timely and accurate payroll and employee records
- Knowledge of legislation affecting Revenue Canada deductions, Local Authorities Pension Plan, short term and long term disability and WCB.
- Resource to management and staff for human resource policies and practices, legal and legislative requirements.
- Coordination of annual performance appraisals process, WCB and disability claims.
- Provide maintenance for the payroll systems enhancements, security and training.
The successful applicant currently has a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) professional designation and/or human resource post-secondary training with minimum 7 years’ experience. Excellent interpersonal skills and previous municipal experience in a related position would be desirable. Advanced proficiency in Avanti payroll software and municipal accounting programs would be an asset.
The Town offers a progressive working environment, a comprehensive benefits plan, and Local Authorities Pension Plan.
Closing Date: November 16, 2018
If you feel that you have the qualifications and desire to be a part of the Town Team, please submit your application. More information on the municipality and the community is available at www.whitecourt.ca.
Applications must be received by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, November 16, 2018
TOWN OF WHITECOURT
Re: Job #18-045
Attn: HR/Payroll Clerk
Box 509, 5004 - 52 Avenue
Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those who are interviewed will be contacted.