Project Coordinator - Transit and Sustainability
Project Coordinator-Transit and Sustainability
The Comox Valley is an attractive geographic location, rich in rural agriculture, vibrant urban development, meandering coastline and dramatic mountains. There are spectacular outdoor activities available throughout the region, offering unlimited possibilities to current and prospective residents.
At the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) we work collaboratively, continually look toward the future and strive to be the change we wish to see in our communities. Our values coupled with a commitment to leadership excellence and a resolute focus on serving the residents of the Comox Valley, help to create an organizational culture that’s second to none. What we do goes beyond work, offering our employees the support to achieve and maintain a healthy balance between work and lifestyle. Working with the CVRD is a plus for everyone.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator -Transit and Sustainability to join our Community Services team. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, research, development and implementation of projects and established programs assigned in the areas of Transit and Sustainability. This includes projects/programs related to public transit, alternative transportation, climate change mitigation and adaptation, green buildings and air quality. Reporting to the Manager of Transit and Sustainability, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading and implementing branch projects, policy development and other strategic initiatives as assigned;
- Developing project management strategy to support projects;
- Conducting research, writing reports and developing policy, including translating sustainability strategies into policy and facilitating implementation processes;
- Participating in a variety of projects, many of which are complex and politically sensitive;
- Providing direction to consultants and overseeing the administration and supervision of project-specific contracts;
- Advising and making recommendations to the Executive Management Team and the CVRD Board on a variety of issues, including presenting reports when required;
- Developing and implementing public education, consultation and awareness programs;
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with staff in member municipalities and government agencies, leading stakeholder consultation processes and representing the regional district’s interests on committees.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Current in the philosophies, principles, processes and practices related to project coordination, transit and sustainability;
- A strong communicator and facilitator with the ability to present technical reports, conduct public meetings, facilitate group discussions and resolve conflict when required;
- Organized and able to balance multiple priorities;
- Creative and consultative with strong leadership, consensus building and project management skills;
- Knowledgeable in public and stakeholder consultation best practices and sustainability principles including: green building, alternative transportation, renewable energy, climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Educated at the diploma level in geography, environmental studies, planning, public administration or another related discipline with three years of related experience, including experience in a local government environment and a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license;
- Certified or educated in project coordination and/or project management;
- A strong researcher with exceptional writing skills;
- An advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite and experienced in Adobe Acrobat, Explorer and SharePoint applications.
To review the complete job description and to apply go to www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/jobs
The closing date for this position is 3:00 pm, November 20, 2018. Applications for available positions with the CVRD must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The CVRD is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.