City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We are looking for a motivated and hardworking labourer who is interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry and habitat restoration field-based work. The Urban Forestry - Natural Areas team provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment.
- Work in natural area parks throughout Surrey on a field-based crew under the supervision of senior staff
- Complete a variety of manual and semi-skilled general labour tasks including: invasive plant removal, planting maintenance, planting native trees and shrubs, refuse and yeard waste removal, and tree debris clean-up.
- Complete heavy physical work in all weather conditions, requiring sufficient physical strength, stamina, and coordination.
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid BC Driver's License with a safe driving record.
- Experience performing manual labour.
- Experience with power tools.
- Demonstrate ability to identify native and invasive plants.
- Have strong public relations, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca