Design Analyst 2
City of Surrey
Design Analyst 2
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Reporting to the Digital Services Manager the UX Designer, the Design Analyst 2 will be responsible for designing innovative, mobile friendly and responsive web applications helping the City deliver enhanced services to staff, out citizens and business partners.
- Investigate, analyze and specify Web & Mobile Application User Experience (UX/UI) requirements to meet clients’ business needs.
- Engage in user research and usability testing to assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features of an online service.
- Perform user research, data analysis, and competitive research to interpret and makes design decision that are user experience (UX) focused.
- Create digital assets while also leveraging the opportunity to impact the overall service design of a product or service that is being designed.
- Work exceptionally well in a team setting to support a collaborative work environment.
- Completion of a degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus two years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have hands on experience with in designing innovative, mobile friendly, and responsive digital products and services using User Experience (UX) methodologies and approaches.
- Have experience with user experience (UX) design methods (examples Wireframing, prototyping, concept maps, mockups, user flows, user research, user testing).
- Have experience in working in a software development environment.
- Communicate visual design to technical and business stakeholders effectively.
- Have Experience working with UX prototype tools such as Axure, Illustrator, and Sketch.
- Completion of a Police Information Check.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca