Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources CoordinatorFull-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than September 25, 2020)
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our HR Department is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR team at our Metrotown office. The ideal candidate will work as part of a team of three HR Coordinators responsible for supporting full cycle recruitment activities. The successful candidate will have HRIS experience (preferably PeopleSoft) entering and maintaining information in support of the employee lifecycle, supporting recruitment processes and providing information and assistance to internal and external contacts. Experience with an applicant tracking system is preferred as well as experience working in a unionized environment.
In this role, you will:
- Ensures the integrity of data entered in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) including the accuracy of compensation data and approved FTE.Maintains data in HRIS (PeopleSoft), and evaluates errors, takes corrective action for remedy, and tests new reports and processes prior to implementation.
- Reviews and prepares human resources action forms ensuring employee moves and changes are implemented in accordance with system requirements and collective agreement rules; resolves problems with HR advisor and consults the Division Manager on exceptions to established practices.
- Processes job requisitions and extensions and provides assistance to managers on recruitment and employment processes.
- Facilitates full-cycle recruitment activities including drafting of posting documents, making recommendations on placement and content of advertisements, and providing input on the inclusion of assessment tools such as criminal records checks, references, and pre-screening questions.
- Provides clear and consistent information and explanations regarding HR related policies, procedures, collective agreement language, and other applicable requirements to staff, managers, and candidates.
- Conducts reference checks probing areas of concern that have been raised through the reference check or via the interview process and provides detailed feedback to HR advisor.
- Maintains an accurate record of recruitment and employment activities ensuring approvals, corrections and changes are documented.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations for special projects such as recruitment outreach activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- 2-3 years of recent, related experience supplemented by a university degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as human resources or business; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience working in a complex, multi-union environment is an asset.
- Designation as a Certified Human Resource Professional is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and acts such as Employment Standards and the Human Rights Code.
- Ability to apply policies, procedures, and collective agreement language to routine and unique situations as well as determine cases requiring the involvement of a manager or appropriate advisor.
- Ability to use judgment to evaluate, research, and resolve problems within established guidelines and procedures and determine which methods are applicable in any given situation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively listen, and support the resolution of problems; demonstrated ability to draft business letters, memos, and job postings from limited instructions or precedent.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships; applies team effectiveness skills and contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Skill in dealing tactfully and sensitively in a variety of situations including exercising substantial discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet multiple time based deliverables requiring a high level of detail and accuracy; persistent in overcoming obstacles.
- Considerable proficiency using a complex HRIS such as PeopleSoft.
- Considerable proficiency administering an applicant tracking system such as Taleo or Peoplesoft.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by November 19, 2018.