Economic Development Analyst
Economic Development Analyst
The City of Campbell River is seeking a full-time Economic Development Analyst.
Why Campbell River?
Voted one of the Best Cities to Work in BC by BC Business magazine in 2018 and surrounded by majestic mountains and spectacular views of Discovery Passage, Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small town feel with large city amenities. From summer markets and events in Spirit Square to a very active arts and culture community to year-round, world class recreational opportunities and affordable housing options, the Campbell River lifestyle is unparalleled.
This growing community is served by a brand new hospital, ferry terminal to the Discovery Islands, Campbell River Airport (YBL) with daily flights to Vancouver in 35 minutes, municipal broadband infrastructure, a School District with innovative programs, and North Island College that boasts over 70 programs in seven areas of study.
What does the Economic Development Analyst do?
As part of the award winning Economic Development team, you will be working in a creative, collaborative, fast-paced and customer service oriented environment. In this administrative role, you will have an opportunity to be a catalyst for change and contribute to building a healthy, economically viable, and sustainable community.
Reporting to the Economic Development Officer, you will be assisting with the development and implementation of programs and initiatives targeted at promoting ongoing economic development and encouraging investment in the community. You will also be:
- Advocating for the local business community.
- Marketing Campbell River as a great place to invest and live.
- Using your organizational skills to manage the day to day administrative office tasks.
- Keeping up to date on latest trends. . . research, research, research.
- Analyzing economic trends.
- Creating presentation and marketing materials.
To be considered for this role, you have graduated with a Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma in Economic Development, Business Administration, Planning, Public Administration or Marketing; have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in economic development or marketing, and in implementing marketing and promotional activities within the last 7 years; and experience in developing funding and partnership proposals.
In addition, you are proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, are social media savvy, and have strong administrative skills.
Who you are!
- Highly organized and have excellent time management skills
- Excellent people/public relations and communication skills
- Positive and optimistic
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Diplomatic; you treat everyone with respect and dignity
- You believe that proper planning is the key to success
For more information and a detailed job description that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website at www.campbellriver.ca.
The rate of pay for this CUPE bargaining unit position is $29.89 per hour based on a 35-hour work week and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
- No two days are the same.
- You get to spend time in the community connecting with people.
- You will be an advocate for businesses…helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- You will receive support for continuing professional development.
How to Apply!
Include verification of your education and certifications with your application. Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-18-70 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed
for interviews will be contacted.
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Friday, November 23, 2018.