Water Distribution Operator
Black Mountain Irrigation District
Water Distribution Operator, EOCP Level IIDepartment: Operations
Reports to: Works Foreman
The Black Mountain Irrigation District (BMID) has an immediate opening for a certified Water Distribution Operator, EOCP WD Level II position.
This is a full time, permanent, unionized position, with compensation as outlined in the BMID/CUPE Local 338 Collective Agreement, set at $30.79 per hour. This rate will increase to $31.41 per hour effective January 1, 2019. A comprehensive benefit package is offered once the 6 month probationary period has been completed.
This job posting closes November 23, 2018 at 3:30 p.m. Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of the District Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver it directly to the BMID office at 285 Gray Road, Kelowna, BC, V1X 1W8.
Under the supervision of the Works Foreman, the Operator will perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled assignments pertaining to the daily and seasonal operation and maintenance of BMID’s water treatment facilities and water distribution system.
Additionally, under the direction of the Works Foreman, the Operator is responsible for adhering to the district procedures, policies and bylaws.
Incumbents generally work as a member of a crew, but may be given independent assignments. Normal hours of work for this position are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday inclusive. The incumbent will be required to perform weekend duty and call-outs as required.
Please note that a Driver’s Abstract must be provided and Criminal Record Check will be performed.
A copy of the detailed Job Description is attached.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
A Water Distribution Operator operates, maintains, inspects and monitors the Water Distribution systems, equipment and infrastructure.
- Operates, inspects, maintains, monitors and repairs equipment (Ultraviolet Light Disinfection systems, Chlorine Gas Disinfection systems, Pumps and Controls, etc)
- Utilizes various computer systems (SCADA, Operational Data Bases, etc)
- Performs sampling, testing and recording of potable water quality
- Inspects, maintains and cleans equipment and infrastructure (Potable Water Reservoirs, Hydrants, Water Mains etc)
- Provides and responds to enquiries from contractors, engineers, the public and other departments
- Standby/On Call duties and dealing with after-hours emergencies when required
- Compiles and/or analyzes various systems or equipment reports and/or documentation
- Experience: Any EOCP Water Distribution Level I, 2, 3 or 4 and a minimum of Water Treatment 1
- Ability to clearly communicate with other staff and public
- Computer Literacy
- Problem Solving
- Physical Ability
- Class 5 Drivers License