BC Public Service
BC Ministry of Education
Library ConsultantSalary $67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually
The Libraries Branch within the B.C. Ministry of Education is seeking a dynamic relationship builder who thrives on supporting evolving public policy and working with the library community to achieve mutual goals. As a Library Consultant, you are focused on providing professional advice and leadership to public library boards, staff library, provincial partners and other internal stakeholders on key government priorities for B.C. public libraries.
Are you a librarian, skilled consultant, project manager, and active listener with excellent writing and presentation skills? Do you thrive on working in multi-disciplinary teams within an environment of public service? Do you thrive on analyzing problems systematically, organize information, identify key factors, identify underlying causes and generate solutions? Do you have knowledge of the public library system, including key issues, challenges and opportunities for supporting access to information at a provincial level?
We are looking for a flexible and service leader who rises to challenges presented by our exciting portfolios supporting the promotion, improvement and extension of equitable public library service and community literacy throughout B.C.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent (ex. MLIS, MI, MIS, MLS and/or other accredited from the American Library Association.)
- Four (4) or more years of related experience working as a librarian
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Experience in leading teams to deliver on medium to large scale projects.
- Experience presenting and sharing information, both written and verbal, to diverse audiences.
- Experience in writing and producing high level communications and briefing materials.
- Successful applicant must be willing and able to travel within province, as required.
For more information and to apply online by November 20, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/54889