Senior Human Resources Advisor
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Senior Human Resources AdvisorHUMAN RESOURCES
BCIT’s Human Resources department is seeking a regular, full-time Senior HR Advisor. This position manages the day-to-day development and delivery of employee programs and advisory services, participates in development of department strategies and plans, and leads strategic initiatives that support goals and objectives. The Senior HR Advisor provides leadership to a team of HR practitioners, ensuring team compliance with policy, collective agreements, and legislation and acts as strategic advisor, coach and consultant to business leaders in a designated client portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supports the Director, providing input to development of department strategies and plans, and leading strategic initiatives that support goals and objectives.Develops reports and presentations to keep the Director informed on program achievements, status of key initiatives, and emerging issues.
- Leads a team of HR practitioners in the development and implementation of effective people management strategies, practices, standards, and initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with the other senior HR practitioners to support a strategic, integrated, and broad approach to all program planning, development and delivery.Builds a collaborative and supportive team approach with all other HR functions.
- Manages the day-to-day development and delivery of employee programs and activities, including workforce planning, succession planning, talent acquisition, retention, diversity, career management, performance management, and recognition.
- Manages the day-to-day development and delivery of advisory, coaching, and consultation services that ensure effective people management practices.Mentors and coaches the HR advisory team in building strategic, collaborative business partnerships with their client groups.Also acts as strategic advisor, and consultant to business leaders in a designated client portfolio.
- Manages the day-to-day delivery of recruitment services for the Institute.Mentors and coaches the recruitment team in delivering full cycle services, providing guidance and advice on the more complex recruitment activities.
- Promotes an effective employee/labour environment, encouraging productive, collaborative relationships between management, employees, unions, and other stakeholders.Manages the advisory team’s support to the labour relations function.
- Oversees and carries out research of best practice, trends and methods, and recommends appropriate application to employee programs, services and initiatives.
- Develops and recommends policies and processes, related to areas of accountability. Ensures team compliance with all Institute policies, collective agreements, legislation and jurisprudence.
- Supervises reporting staff, including selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices.Collaborates with the Director on performance-related matters.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation preferred
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience as an HR generalist with emphasis on development and delivery of programs and advisory services
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Solid leadership skills and ability to manage a team of reporting HR practitioners and build a strong team-based environment
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, theories, practices and techniques of workforce planning, succession planning, talent acquisition/recruitment, retention, diversity, career management, performance management, and recognition
- Advanced knowledge of the relevant employment, labour, and human rights legislation
- Advanced relationship management skills with ability to build productive, collaborative relationships between management, employees, unions, and other internal/external stakeholders
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills, and solid conflict resolution skills
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to apply sound judgment in problem solving, evaluating courses of action, and making decisions on employment and labour matters
- Proficiency with standard office systems and applications
View the full job description here: Senior Human Resources Advisor
October 30, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications submitted online through our website.