- Preparation and amendments of statutory plans, bylaws and other planning documents
- Processing. presentation and review of subdivision applications, drafting of resolutions and public notices
- Provision of day-to-day planning/development advice and interpretation to member municipalities and public
- Attendance and participation at assigned municipal meetings
- Coordination and conducting of research, collection and analyzing of data
The ideal candidate will be a results oriented team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Experience consulting with the public, committees and Councils, combined with a solid knowledge of planning principles, practices and implementation is required. A valid driver’s license and a willingness to contribute to the goals and objectives of the Commission are necessary.
The successful candidate will possess a university degree in Planning or related discipline, APPI/CIP regulated members required or preferred, have minimum of five years’ experience working in a local government setting, have a thorough knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act, and other related legislation, and is skilled in the preparation and presentation of reports and submissions.
The Oldman River Regional Services Commission provides municipal planning & GIS services to 41 urban and rural municipalities from our centrally located office in the City of Lethbridge.
More information regarding the Commission may be found at www.orrsc.com
Closing Date: December 3, 2018
If you are interested in this dynamic and progressive career opportunity, please forward your resume by December 3, 2018 to:
Lenze Kuiper, Director
Oldman River Regional Services Commission
3105 - 16th Avenue North
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 5E8
Phone: (403) 329-1344