Fulltime/Full Benefit Position
The beautiful Town of Princeton, located in the sunny Similkameen Valley, has a great lifestyle opportunity for someone looking for an exciting job in a location that boasts clean air, clean water and excellent natural outdoor experiences. The Town also offers an affordable cost of living.
This is a fulltime position with the Recreation Department to oversee and manage the staff and operations at the Princeton Arena.
The Arena Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance and safe operations of the grounds and facility during the regular season and off-season. The Arena Supervisor will liaise with the Director on a regular basis to ensure that the desired goals and objectives are prioritized in a way that they effectively serve the needs of the community and user groups.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provides direction and work schedules to the Attendant 1 and 2 and the assignment of duties on a daily basis. Provides information and training with respect to general procedures, safety issues, regulations and other considerations that affect the workplace, employees, user groups and general public.
- Monitors the operation of the refrigeration plant, records readings and makes minor adjustments as required.
- Resurfaces and maintains ice as required. Is responsible for maintaining ice at the ideal thickness and monitors this regularly.
- Responsible for ice installation.
- Changes all equipment filters and performs routine maintenance on furnaces, roof top units, dehumidifiers, and condenser.
- Performs off-season facility and equipment maintenance, including minor building repairs and painting.
- Changes resurfacer and edger blades when required and ensures tune-ups are arranged when needed and that oil changes and fluid levels are routinely checked and recorded.
- Books the facility and provides direction to facility users to ensure safety of the patrons.
- Performs duties and responsibilities of the Attendant 1 and 2 as required when on shift.
- Is responsible for security checks at appropriate times when on shift.
- Exercise good judgment in assuring the facility is safe and properly maintained at all times.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned by the Director of Recreation and Cultural Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates initiative in the performance of the general duties. Must be able to direct staff and assign work schedules and other duties.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of building maintenance, ice resurfacing and refrigeration plant operations.
- The ability to perform semi-skilled minor mechanical, building and electrical repairs is essential.
- The ability to exercise courtesy and tact in dealing with user groups and the general public is required at all times and has a desire for the pursuit of excellence of service.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience working in an ice arena or related field.
- Must have experience in leading staff.
- Must have a B.C. Refrigeration Operation Certificate or higher.
- Must have a valid class 5 drivers’ license.
- Must have Grade 12.
- Completed a current criminal records check.
This position is within the CUPE Local 608 Collective Bargaining Unit and offers an attractive and competitive wage and benefit package.
This job posting is open until filled.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Director of Recreation and Cultural Services
or by mail:
Town of Princeton
PO Box 670
Princeton, BC V0X1W0