City of Surrey
RCMP Support Services
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
The City of Surrey’s RCMP Surrey Detachment is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, team player to fill the position of Information Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing front counter services at the Surrey RCMP detachment. This will include performing moderately complex and diversified administrative support work involving the provision of information and assistance in various capacities to the public and other police agencies. This position requires an individual possessing initiative and utilizing independent judgment.
- Take enquiries; explain rules, regulations and procedures within prescribed limits while dealing tactfully and effectively with the public and multi-cultural clients.
- Receiving and processing applications for police certificates and permits, taxi, private investigations, and issuing certificates.
- Processing requests for criminal record searches for security clearance, employment and immigration purposes.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Two years related experience including exposure to and knowledge of PRIME, Provincial and Federal Statutes, Municipal By-Laws and police procedures and policies
- Some exposure to relevant police database systems, or an equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the completion of the RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent opportunities to advance.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca