City of Surrey
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
The City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is currently accepting applications for a part-time Building Cleaner to work 32 hours per week. The successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of cleaning tasks in and around well attended Parks, Recreation & Culture facilities.
- Perform vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, hosing and/or dry mopping.
- Polish and remove spots from floors and furnishings.
- Empty and clean waste receptacles and garbage pails.
- Clean washrooms and replenish supplies.
- Maintain entrance ways and parking lots.
- Clean windows.
- Set up and dismantle rooms for programs and events.
- Work independently.
- Work well within a team.
- Engage customers in a friendly manner.
- Maintain building security.
- Communicate through verbal and written reports.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Completion of a recognized Janitorial Cleaning program certification.
- Completion of WHMIS training.
- Have at least one year cleaning experience in a large public facility.
- Have aptitude and motivation for resolving routine issues associated with the facility and/or customers.
- Demonstrate independence of judgment while performing simple to moderately manual labour duties.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until October 25, 2018. Please visit www.surreycareers.ca to apply.