Water Treatment Foreman
Water Treatment Foreman
Regular Full Time (40 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department, Utilities Division, seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety first attitude to join their team. The Water Treatment Foreman is responsible for the overall coordination and direction of a small group of subordinates performing diverse field and technical work related to the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the water treatment plant systems and infrastructure to ensure the adequate availability of a safe drinking water supply system for human consumption and firefighting activities. This includes water quality and sampling; process monitoring; evaluation and control; residuals management; and equipment isolations and shutdowns. The Water Treatment Foreman is responsible for determining priorities; coordinating operations; maintenance; capital work activities; and resource planning to ensure efficient operations. The position plans, assigns, supervises, schedules, reviews and participates in the work of a small group of subordinates; and determines priorities.
- E.O.C.P. Certification - Water Treatment Certification - Level 4.
- Completion of Grade 12 and technical courses related to the work, plus extensive related experience and responsibility working with water treatment processes, operations and systems, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license;
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in water sampling, testing techniques, and water plant operation and maintenance;
- Ability to inspect operations, diagnose and correct malfunctions and perform maintenance, repair and installation tasks;
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and check the work of subordinates, to schedule maintenance projects and to provide emergency repairs.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of work records and reports, to read sketches, plans and diagrams, to order materials and monitor expenditures.
The hourly wage of this unionized position is $42.03 hourly (2018 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your cover letter, resume for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until filled
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Recruitment Reference: 2018-38
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: this new position is posted “under review” meaning that a follow-up review be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.