Sumas First Nation
Sumas First Nationis a progressive organization looking to fill the position of
The role of the Finance Officer involves providing financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of Sumas First Nation. We are looking for candidates who are focused on outcomes, excellent problem solvers and strong communicators. Preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify on your cover letter or resume.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage documents, records and receipts
- Reconcile daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Review and reconcile investment accounts monthly, quarterly and annually
- Prepare balance sheets and monthly, quarterly and annual financial departmental reports
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and processes
- Ensure finance policies and procedures are adhered to and maintained across all SFN entities
- Review and recommend financial policy amendments
- Maintain financial records for all SFN entities and partnerships
- Be a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Participate in the annual financial audit process
- Monitor bank account and performs bank statement reconciliations
- Update and reconcile applicable sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely
- Support the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or equivalent
- Working toward a CPA designation is considered a plus
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations, especially PSAB
Salary Range: To commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Type of Position: Permanent Full-time with competitive benefit package, subject to a 3 month probationary period.
Please send application packages to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to our website for more information on this position: www.sumasfirstnation.com
We appreciate all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants; please identify this on your application.