Member Experience Supervisor
Member Experience SupervisorIn this leadership position, you will play a key role in supporting our Membership Sales team!
Position Type: Regular Full Time - ongoing
Department: Member Care
Direct Supervisor: Program Manager, Guest Experience
Application Closing Date: October 24, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: December 1, 2018
Number of positions available: 1
The Richmond Olympic Oval is a breathtaking venue on the banks of the Fraser River. Located in the City of Richmond, a culturally diverse and geographically unique community centrally located on Canada's West Coast, in Metro Vancouver. The Richmond Olympic Oval is an international centre of excellence for sports, health and wellness, culture and entertainment used by members of our community and those seeking to wear the maple leaf on the international stage.
We are looking for a Member Experience Supervisor to join our amazing team! As our Member Experience Supervisor you will provide leadership, support and direction to the front-line Member Care team (includes the Client Service Representatives, Client Service Shift Leads, Childminding Representatives and YYoga Guest Experience staff) while supporting the initiatives and objectives of our Membership Sales team.
A day in the life of the Member Care Supervisor includes:
- Ongoing understanding of the business including a strong knowledge of facility layout, programs, facility bookings, public and special events schedules and facility and website updates with the ability to communicate any of these to all members and guests of the Oval.
- Direct, develop and manage all day-to-day membership and front desk operations. Address and resolve escalated client concerns/complaints in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Supervise and direct work of Member Care auxiliary staff, including Client Service Representatives and Child Minding Representatives. Flags performance concerns to PM, Guest Experience.
- Ensure that all membership guidelines, rules, procedures and customer service standards are adhered to by the Member Care auxiliary staff.
- Participate in the recruitment, onboarding, orientation, training and mentoring of Member Care auxiliary staff.
- Prepare the front desk and Child Minding staff schedule, ensure there is adequate coverage at all times, and approve shift changes; act as back-up coverage for both Child Minding and Member Care when required.
- Participate in the implementation of systems and processes that will enhance and elevate the customer experience.
- In collaboration with the PM, Guest Experience, ensures effective operations and delivery of service excellence. This includes working with Programmers, Coordinators and Program Managers of other departments to identify areas for improvement.
- Handles all tasks related to activating and maintaining social media channels pertaining to the department (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc).
- Utilize PerfectMind software to facilitate membership sales, service and account management, including but not limited to sales of programs and retail items. Maintain current and accurate membership records in PerfectMind.
- Oversee and authorize payroll bi-weekly for auxiliary staff.
- Goal-setting, tracking and communication of membership and customer service objectives.
- Oversee inventory of Member Care/Child Minding collateral items.
- Provide support and back-up to all areas of the Member Care team as required. Assist and support staff on their daily responsibilities – troubleshooting, coaching and problem solving when required.
- Hold individual and team meetings.
- Participates in Customer Service projects as assigned by PM, Guest Experience.
- Assist with compilation of information for Capital and Operational budget.
- Develop performance measurements and tools and conducts regular in-formal reviews of auxiliary staff.
- Maintains accurate employee-related files.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the Oval’s strategic goals.
- Performs additional duties as necessary.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Completion of grade 12.
- 3+ years in customer service or related hospitality industry; formal training in Customer Service principles (i.e. Superhost program) an asset.
- 2+ years in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the areas of performance management and improvement systems, employee policy development, and employee relations.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to lead, delegate and effectively direct the work of staff.
- Experience in sales or marketing an asset.
- Experience with administrative budgets and tracking systems and inventory procedures.
- Sound understanding of the fitness and sport industry; knowledge of emerging trends in fitness.
- Ability to effectively use social media websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the methods, principles and practices used in operating peripheral equipment (photocopiers, printers).
- Sound knowledge of clerical and record keeping procedures, including those pertaining to receiving and processing cash and credit cards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Fluent in English (requirement) and Mandarin/Cantonese (asset).
- Proven track record of working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively resolve client concerns and issues in a positive manner.
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies established by the Richmond Olympic Oval.
- The ideal candidate will pride themselves on their professionalism, should be outgoing and personable.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strategic and dynamic leader.
- Flexible schedule; must be available to work evenings and weekends and provide last minute front desk/Child Minding coverage as required.
- Knowledge of PerfectMind software an asset.
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check.
Compensation range: $56,279 - $70,345 (salary is based on qualifications and experience)
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Access to 20, 000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum
- Extended Health and Dental plan
- Health spending account
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Free Parking (Except for event days)
- Retail Store and Program Discounts
- Collaborative team environment
- Learning and development
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!