Subforeperson 2 - Cemetery
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Subforeperson 2 - Cemetery
NO. OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hours per week
CUPE, Local 387
Engineering Operations has an opportunity for a skilled Subforeperson 2 to fill a vacancy within the Cemetery Branch. In this position you will perform cemetery custodial and manual grounds keeping work entailing responsibility for keeping the cemetery in a clean and orderly condition and for the preparation of burial plots for funeral services. You will perform grounds maintenance, repair and development tasks; provide information and assistance to the public; supervise the work of a small crew and perform related administrative tasks.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have a positive energetic “can-do” approach to work.
- You have completed Grade 12 (or equivalent) and have sound related experience cemetery, grounds keeping and maintenance work; supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You have considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in cemetery maintenance and grounds keeping work.
- You have considerable knowledge of the procedures and methods relating to the excavation and preparation of grave sites for burials and related services.
- You have considerable knowledge of the rules and regulations relating to cemetery operations.
- You have the ability to plan, assign, train and supervise of a small group of staff.
- You have the ability to provide information and assistance and to explain cemetery rules and regulations to the public in a courteous, compassionate and sensitive manner.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and employees.
- You have sound knowledge of the safety rules and regulations governing the work.
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision in carrying out day-to-day cemetery operations.
- You have the ability to use common office equipment and related computer programs and software such as MS Office Suite and Stone Orchard.
- You have the ability to prepare and maintain records related to the work.
- You have skill in the use and care of common hand and power tools and equipment used in cemetery maintenance and grounds keeping operations.
- You must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- You must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #18-143, by October 24, 2018, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.