Fleet/ Service Manager
City of North Battleford
Fleet/ Service Manager
Applications are now being accepted for the above position. The successful applicant will perform the duties of the Fleet/Service Manager for the City of North Battleford and report to the Director of Infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules work for all mechanics, approves vacations and monitors staff operation and maintenance of assigned equipment for adherence to departmental procedures and safety regulations.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates, disciplines and directs the work of division staff and other staff, initiates and coordinates with personnel office regarding various personnel actions such as recruitment, advancement, discipline and discharge; manages and evaluates employee performance; delivers professional training and seminars to staff to assure desired work quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Performs asset management duties which includes all aspects in the administrative, financial, capital and operations of the City’s fleet.
- Assists Director of Infrastructure in decision making process with equipment replacement, retirement and acquisition as well as reporting on operational condition of existing equipment.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of City equipment, equipment yard and equipment shop. Prepares and completes all work orders relating to equipment servicing/purchasing.
- Responsible for inventory control in relation to preventative maintenance and equipment parts and materials.
- Maintains comprehensive records for each item of equipment with respect to down time, mechanical malfunctions and repairs necessary. Assembles reports on the suitability, reliability, availability and operating costs of various models of equipment.
- Liaises with external parties, if required for the repair and maintenance of machinery. Ensures that routine maintenance is performed by staff according to schedules.
- Responsible for the purchase of materials to service/repair equipment.
- Performs administrative duties such as keeping time sheets, maintaining daily equipment logs and submitting manufacturer warranties.
- Plans and prepares annual budget for the department, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Works with all other City departments to schedule equipment servicing.
- Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Infrastructure.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is required or equivalent of education and experience deemed necessary.
- Must have 3-5 years’ supervisory experience
- Asset Management experience required
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a driver’s abstract.
- Mechanical and/or work experience as a journeyman mechanic is an asset.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
This is an Out-of-Scope position. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications
Detailed resume or completed City employment application form, including references, to be submitted to: Department of Human Resources, City Hall, no later than 4:30PM, October 23, 2018 Fax: (306)445-0411, Email: email@example.com
The City wishes to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.