Field Supervisor 1 EOCP - Water Distribution
City of Surrey
Field Supervisor 1 EOCP - Water Distribution (Full-Time)
The City of Surrey’s Engineering Department has a regular full time opportunity for a Field Supervisor 1 EOCP in the Water Operations Section. The Engineering Department is a fast paced environment serving a rapidly growing city of over 475,000 residents. This is an excellent opportunity where you are able to gain valuable experience in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Assisting senior staff in the direction, supervision and planning of the crews in construction and maintenance projects
- Assists crew members in performing duties in maintenance and construction of water systems
- Preparing work schedules and determining materials and equipment required
- Ensure safety regulations are being met by the crews.
- You must have the ability to communicate effectively, understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, and have knowledge of applicable safety regulations.
- Provides guidance and training for the crew and assists senior supervisory staff in evaluating employees.
- Completed Grade 12, supplemented by at least 3 full credit courses (accredited by BCIT or another approved technical institution), one of which must be related to supervisory skills and one which must be related to civil engineering.
- Considerable experience in supervision, construction and maintenance operations is required as well as personal computer and software knowledge.
- You must have a valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- EOCP Level 1 certification in good standing (if uncertified, must obtain certification within 1 year of start date – condition of employment)
This job posting closes October 22, 2018.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca