Project Manager, Civic Buildings & Properties
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Project Manager, Civic Buildings & Properties
NO. OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week
$109,339 to $120,570 annually plus benefits
We are in search of a qualified individual who possess senior level project management experience to fill an exciting position with the City of New Westminster’s Engineering Department. Reporting to the Manager, Civic Buildings and Properties, this full-time position will provide direction and leadership in the planning and delivery of new capital projects including renovations and major maintenance work for the City. In this senior role, the incumbent will be responsible for leading project stakeholders through the capital planning process, providing guidance and support to planning within the framework of the City’s 5-year capital plan, and the City’s strategic plan. In the position of Project Manager, you will utilize your extensive experience and knowledge of capital project management, planning, design, construction and project administration to deliver new capital projects and/or renovation/addition projects. In addition, you will be responsible for the development and definition of project scopes, schedules and budgets, as well as oversight of project consultants for the delivery of feasibility/concept level studies, schematic designs, design development, permit applications, and the necessary internal reviews, approvals and reporting as required for the project. The role will require follow-through of project implementation, including the oversight and management of consultants and/or self-performing for the development of construction documents, project tender, tender award and construction administration. Responsibilities also include the understanding and use of the City’s standard form of consulting and construction contracts, supplementary conditions, RFP, EOI, RFQ templates, and related template forms and letters. If this position resonates with you and you are interesting in joining a progressive municipality, we would like to hear from you.
- University degree in Engineering or Architecture. Registered Professional Engineer or Architect in the Province of BC with a minimum of 10 years proven and progressive project management experience in facility development. Project Management training/certification such as a PMP designation is considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience as acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Knowledge of LEED sustainable building design and construction and related building and fire codes
- Experience in the design and construction of civic and commercial buildings.
- Experience with utilizing urban planning principles and urban site optimization
- Experience in the project management of commercial, institutional and industrial multi-tenant buildings.
- Experience in managing multi-year capital plans would be an asset.
- Experience in estimating costs of a variety of building projects, types of materials, methods of estimating and classes of estimates.
- Extensive experience in preparing construction specifications and consulting agreements including different project delivery models.
- Ability to analyze complex situations, determine appropriate courses of action and prepare reports related to the same for discussion.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to compose clear, concise and complete reports.
- Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with tight time lines.
- Computer proficiency in the MS Office Suite of products (MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be familiar with hazardous material abatement processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia and personal vehicle for work.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #18-129, by October 26, 2018, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada..