Temporary Full Time Position
(Approximately 12 – 18 months)
The Sustainability Division of the Planning Department is seeking a Temporary Manager of Sustainability of up to 18 months to back-fill a maternity leave. This position manages a team of three unionized staff, works collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and is also the contracted BC Hydro Corporate Energy Manager for the District. The primary roles and deliverables of the Temporary Manager during this term include, but are not limited to:
- management and supervision of Sustainability Division staff and oversight of the Division’s workplan and budget;
- completion of the updated Climate Plan: 100% Renewable and Resilient Saanich (www.saanich.ca/climateplan), including leading final phases of engagement, managing consultant input, writing the plan with support of the sustainability team and then presenting updates and the final plan to Council for approval;
- delivery of the 2018-2019 Saanich Corporate Strategic Energy Management Plan (SEMP) projects, energy efficiency targets, reporting requirements and the 2019/20 SEMP under the BC Hydro Corporate Energy Manager contract;
- coordination of annual corporate and community-wide GHG emissions inventory reporting with support of the sustainability team; and
- continued implementation and on-going support for a broad range of corporate and community wide programs that deliver long-term sustainability.
Qualified candidates must have a Master’s Degree in planning, environmental studies, resource management, or a related discipline; eight to ten years relevant experience in planning and implementing sustainability and/or corporate strategic initiatives; working knowledge of building energy efficiency and renewable energy systems and projects; previous experience in project management, supervision of contractors/consultants, policy and strategic plan development, preparing and managing project budgets and securing grant funding; and a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
A competitive compensation package is offered for this exempt position. Role profile and competition information can be found at www.saanich.ca. Please apply by 11:45 p.m. on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2018 quoting competition 228.18 to: Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying. In addition to the interview process, testing will be conducted. Only those under consideration will be contacted.