The City of Campbell River is seeking a permanent full-time Building Inspector I or II.
The Building Inspector works closely with other Development Services Department staff and ensures the efficient delivery of building inspections including receiving and checking building permit applications, examining plans, approving permits for issuance, and conducting inspections on all types of construction to ensure adherence to building and plumbing codes.
To complement your Trades Certification or equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and training/experience, and valid BC Drivers’ License, you also hold the qualifications for one of the following CUPE bargaining unit positions:
Building Inspector II - $39.35 per hour
- Successful completion of BOABC Level II Building Inspector examination and Level I Plumbing Inspector examination.
- Member in good standing with the BOABC.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ related experience including progressive experience as a Building Inspector in a municipal environment within the last five (5) years.
Building Inspector I - $32.90 per hour
- Successful completion of BOABC Level 1 examination and member or eligible for membership in the BOABC;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ related experience.
Review of applications will commence immediately.
This posting may close with no notice and no later than Friday, November 2, 2018
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-18-57-2 to
Human Resources Department, City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed
for interviews will be contacted.