City of Surrey
Are you looking for a career that will help build a community? We are currently recruiting for a passionate Transportation Planner to join our dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals. As a Transportation Planner on our team you will research, analyze and interpret information that will assist in developing the City’s transportation plans, policies, outreach and implementation of various programs. If you are looking for a career that has tremendous opportunity for growth we encourage you to keep reading!
In this role you will:
- Manage projects and programs that make a direct impact on the community, such as, the School Travel Planning and Safe and Active Schools Program.
- Assist in transportation policy planning by researching, collecting data, providing analysis and recommendations.
- Engage the public by participating, conducting, and leading public meetings, focus group sessions, and public outreach special events.
- Coordinate and lead the joint Simon Fraser University and City of Surrey's Transportation Talks program.
- Work closely with the Engineering Communications Section in updating the community on transportation programs and initiatives via the website and other media.
- Review plans, polices, designs and reports prepared by consultants and partners as well as provide project management including contract administration.
- Liaise with staff and partner groups in relation transportation infrastructure initiatives.
Along with a real passion for transportation, we'd like you to have:
- A Master’s Degree in Planning or a related discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience in a transportation or related profession. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- You have considerable knowledge of transportation planning methodologies.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills.
- You have advanced customer service and public relation skills.
- You are a dedicated member of the team and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about researching and using data to help craft policy and evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
This job will be posted until October 20th, 2018.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca