Manager, Regional Housing First Program
Manager, Regional Housing First ProgramPlanning & Protective Services, Regional Housing
$110, 500 - $130, 000 annually (2018 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on October 22, 2018; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Regional Housing, this is a leadership role responsible for the Regional Housing First Program (RHFP), an affordable housing program that is a partnership between the CRD, BC Housing, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and Island Health in collaboration with other Regional Housing Managers. This position provides strong program and project management oversight for the RHFP as well as confidential and in-camera advice and guidance to the CRD Board, Committees, and Commissions, with respect to projects, strategies and plans.
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes
- Plans, directs, coordinates and monitors all activities associated with the RHFP in the acquisition and development of 2,000 units of housing,
- Provides leadership and consultation on the planning, development and implementation of affordable housing projects, including: scope and capacity issues and recommendations, municipal approvals, planning fund approvals, land and turnkey acquisition ensuring program mandates are met and expenditures are within budget.
- Adheres to the terms of the Agreements with other levels of government (terms of partnering agreements between the CRD, BC Housing, CMHC and Island Health).
- Prepares and recommends approval of affordable housing plans, projects and program funding levels submitted for committee, commission and board approval and recommends approval of affordable housing to the Committee/Board
- Prepares internal and external progress reports to stakeholders.
- Coordinates internal corporate stakeholders (corporate services, legislative services).
- Prepares and recommends strategies and priorities to address potential issues arising from affordable housing project initiatives, and conducts business case reviews, research and evaluation of affordable housing project and program submissions.
- Develops complex project management and development plans and provides expertise, advice and support for high profile affordable housing projects internally and affordable housing projects led and initiated by external stakeholders.
- Uses diplomacy and strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills to create and maintain a network of stakeholders including partners (e.g. BC Housing, CMHC and Island Health), elected officials and other internal and external groups to the Regional Housing First Program.
- Reviews, monitors and analyses long range and annual affordable housing projects, submissions and initiatives to provide options, recommendations and advice on appropriate direction and to proactively address potential issues.
- Provides advice and input regarding implications of federal, provincial and local agency policies and plans and advocates for the CRD in funding matters.
- Leads and supervises the work of division’s staff, including matters pertaining to labour relations, staff development, corporate and division policies and procedures and standards. • Ensures policies, structures and systems are in place to effectively support the function.
A degree in Public Administration, Business, Planning, Real Estate, Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of ten (10) years leading affordable housing projects and/or programs in a government environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience would include developing operating agreement, managing budgets, developing systems and building formal relationships with government partners. PMP credential would be an asset.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership skills and management experience in a unionized environment.
- Skills in negotiation, collaboration, persuasion and influence management.
- Knowledge of and skills in the development and implementation of strategic plan initiatives.
- Ability to management multiple projects and/or programs to meet required objectives and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act, the Land Title Act, the National Housing Act, the Building Code, BC Housing Construction Guidelines and other relevant legislation and regulations and health and social policies related to the development and procurement of affordable housing.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Demonstrated communication and presentations skills with the ability to explain complex technical and non-technical issues to stakeholders.
- Valid BC Driver’s license required.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.