Assistant Manager Works and Services
Assistant Manager Works and ServicesPermanent Full-Time
The Regional District of Kitimat – Stikine is seeking an individual to fill the position of Assistant Manager, Works and Services.
Located in Terrace, BC, the area is known for its world class fishing, world class downhill and cross-country skiing, mountain biking and other outdoor adventure opportunities including an 18 hole golf course and hiking in pristine areas. This area offers quality advanced education opportunities with both the Coast Mountain College and a satellite campus for the University of Northern BC. This area also has a welldeveloped Arts and Cultural Community, Recreation Facilities and Library.
The RDKS is looking for an experienced professional who will bring strong leadership to the position of Assistant Manager, Works and Services. Reporting to the Manager, Works and Services, the Assistant Manager is responsible to support the delivery of water, wastewater and solid waste services including capital infrastructure projects. The Assistant Manager will help lead a Utilities Team and Solid Waste Team while determining priorities, ensuring operational requirements are met, preparing annual budgets and working effectively with RDKS consultants and contractors. The Regional District is looking to hire a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills complemented with some local government experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education and competencies:
- 3 years related experience in the operation, construction and project management of local government engineering projects and services;
- 3 years supervisory experience;
- Professional Engineer eligible for full membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC;
- EOCP certifications in water distribution, water and waste water treatment would be an asset;
- SWANA certifications in the Management of Landfill Operations and Transfer Station Management would also be an asset;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite;
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License; and,
- Adaptable to changing work environments and tasks.
An appropriate combination of education and experience related to the position may also be considered.
This full time position offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their letter of application and resume by mail, fax or email to the Regional District Kitimat-Stikine by October 22, 2018.
The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Regional District Kitimat – Stikine
Suite 300 – 4545 Lazelle Avenue, Terrace, BC, V8G 4E1
Ph: (250) 615-6100 Fax: (250) 635-9222 1-800-663-3208