Supervisor, ProcurementPosition Title
Status of Position
Permanent Full Time
Job posting closes: October 21, 2018 at 9:00 pm Pacific Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list will be 6 months. Future vacancies will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires. The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
160 Department: Financial Services
The incumbent supervises City-wide procurement activities with a focus on ensuring adequate accounting treatment and controls are in place and compliance with relevant legislation, internal financial administration controls, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, evaluate and supervise procurement and accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy, timeliness of information and compliance with governing legislation, internal financial administration controls, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership role and participate in procurement activities city-wide including the provision of training. Review, revise, evaluate and communicate procurement policies, procedures and contract law.
- Provide status of financial condition by compiling and analyzing information; reconciling accounts; preparing journal entries; preparing reports and assisting with year-end preparation. Identify, analyze and recommend the appropriate accounting treatment to record expenses and/or potential liabilities.
- Oversee, review, evaluate, implement and maintain accounting procedures and records in relation to procurement activities. Make recommendations for operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Supervise and provide leadership in all human resource areas, including recruitment, training and performance management.
- Participate in complex contract termination, claims and dispute settlements.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, contractors and staff related to procurement activities.
- Develop, manage and maintain supplier relationships.
- Oversee and maintain City-wide signing authority and purchasing card activities.
- Oversee and maintain procurement ERP system software and inventory management records from a financial perspective.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safety procedures and standards are followed by personnel throughout the department.
- Other related duties.
This position contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Business, Finance & Admin
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting and Supply Chain Management.
- 5 years progressive accounting and procurement experience with a focus on contract law including 2 years at a supervisory level.
- 1 year on the job training. Proven skills working with computerized financial systems software.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills relating to communications, team building, human relations, research and problem solving.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate ERP software programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, word processing, etc.
Hours Per Week
5 X 7 Hours
Guaranteed Minimum Hours
Start Date of Position
(Temporary and Term)
Number of Hires Needed