City of Surrey
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
The City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for auxiliary Concession Workers who can provide excellent customer service to patrons of our indoor and outdoor concession stands at any of our 4 locations.
We’re looking for flexible, enthusiastic team players to join our concession team that operates multiple concession stands around Surrey. This is an auxiliary position which will include day and evening shifts, as well as weekends and holidays at multiple locations.
As part of a team that values leadership and efficiency, you will be:
- Preparing food.
- Taking food and beverage orders.
- Completing timely transactions and maintaining accurate cash handling.
- Providing great customer service while dealing courteously with members of the public and other staff.
- Maintaining safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the concession stands, including wiping down counters, washing dishes, and washing floors.
- Stocking and re-stocking shelves.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent.
- One year experience in a position requiring handling of cash and preparation of concession items.
- Emergency First Aid certificate.
- Food Safe certificate.
- Ability to work at indoor or outdoor concession areas.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 2505.