Finance /Accounting / Economics
City of Grande Priarie
The City of Grande Prairie is accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Corporate Asset Manager. This position will report to the Corporate Services Director, Chief Financial Officer, and will be responsible to establish and manage a Corporate Enterprise Management (EAM) program for the City of Grande Prairie.
This new position with the City of Grande Prairie offers a unique and exciting opportunity that will lead the development of our corporate Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) program and provide City-wide leadership in asset management strategy, practices, and concepts.
You will be responsible for the development of policies, scope, standards, procedures and technology improvements required to build, implement, maintain and continuously refine our Corporate Asset Management system based on best practices and the culture and values of the organization. The scope of work includes data collection and analysis, prioritization of needs and providing strategic advice to City Departments, CLT and Council on capital planning.
This position will work with a diverse team across the organization, that will assess levels of service and potential risks that influence business planning and budget decisions.
You will provide day-to-day support to meet operational and departmental needs of a corporate asset management system, including software maintenance and updates, maintaining data integrity, and developing data architecture. Educate and train staff in concepts, principles, processes, and procedures of asset management through workshops, formal and informal communications, management of program initiatives, involvement in working groups, etc.
- University degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Analysis, or equivalent in a related field.
- Professional designation in Asset Management, Business, Engineering, Finance, GIS or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in the development and implementation of municipal asset management plans.
In addition, you must have:
- Working knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal legislation and regulations
- Expert knowledge in the principles and application of municipal asset management concepts and practices
- Highly effective interpersonal skills to develop strong partnerships with cross-departmental teams
- Knowledge and understanding of software applications for municipal asset management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Municipal Infrastructure management, operations, and maintenance practices
- Asset Management principles and applications including risk assessment, capital budget planning, levels of service and life-cycle cost analysis
- Proven success in implementing complex change projects
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams through motivation and encouragement
- Excellent Facilitation Skills
- Excellent and effective customer relationship skills
What We Offer
This new position is an excellent opportunity to lead, develop and continuously refine a robust corporate Enterprise Asset Management Plan. Joining the City of Grande Prairie will allow you to work alongside people who take great pride in our City. They are professionals who achieve above average results by thinking outside the box and by continuously improving their skills and knowledge of new methods and technologies.
We incorporate the City's Guiding Beliefs of service/caring, integrity, fun, co-operation, and flexibility as part of work ethic.
At the City of Grande Prairie, we recognize and value that people have lives outside of work. We offer flexibility with scheduling, have higher than minimum vacation entitlements and comprehensive benefits that not only cover you when you're sick but encourage you to be well. We have wellness events, social activities, community fundraising activities and a supportive work environment where you can grow your career. The City of Grande Prairie is proud to be an Employer of Choice!
City Hall, 10205 - 98 Street, Grande Prairie, Alberta
The salary for this position is $54.46 - $66.87/hour
Closing Date: October 19, 2018
Please apply online at https://jobs.cityofgp.com/js/