- Use your project experience to help improve the lives of others!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
An exciting opportunity awaits!
We have an exciting opportunity for multiple, full-time Project Technologists to play a pivotal role in the renovation and renewal of social housing buildings across the Province. Based at our conveniently located Burnaby office and travelling to sites when required, you'll experience a sense of accomplishment as you work on a range of housing properties, overseeing design and construction and ensuring compliance with municipal standards.
As a Project Technologist, you'll use your critical thinking skills and knowledge of BC Building Code/municipal approval process to review specifications, perform site inspections, manage the work of consultants and contractors, complete contract administration, and provide technical services support, as required.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have great communication skills, a positive attitude and a diploma from a building, engineering or architectural technology program. Eligibility for designation as an AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC) is a definite advantage, but not essential. Ideally, you'll also have:
- Specific training in building envelope principles, industry standards, regulatory requirements, construction contract administration and sound construction practices
- At least two years' broad-based technologist experience
- Previous contraction administration experience (including CCDC contracts)
- Exposure to the design or construction of multi-unit residential projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and construction software
Due to the nature of this role, a valid BC driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is also required.
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Upon joining BC Housing, you'll be warmly welcomed into our supportive and collaborative workplace that balances engaging and challenging work with personal downtime and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Extended Health and Dental
- Short-term illness and injury plus long-term disability benefits
- Group life insurance and AD&D
- Public Service Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Professional training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- Three weeks' annual vacation plus a modified work week option and additional paid personal days
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today! For full details and to apply, please visit https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/98133