Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for positive, energetic and knowledgeable individuals who thrive in administrative and service based work to provide casual clerical support relief opportunities throughout the City. The successful applicants will have excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be able to communicate effectively in a team environment. Solid related clerical/administrative experience is required to be considered. Casual Clerical Support personnel are assigned to a variety of City departments including Engineering & Public Works, Finance and Corporate Support.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have exceptional customer service skills
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
- You are a financial whiz and love spreadsheets, budgets and processing payments
- You have fast fingers with a typing speed of at least 50 accurate wpm
- You have completed Grade 12
- You have completed Accounting Level 1
- You have post-secondary courses in Business Communications or Business Report Writing
- You have intermediate to expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- You have 2+ years’ administrative experience
- You have a positive attitude about the work you perform
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- The City has a strong learning culture; we want our people to grow and succeed
- It is a fun place to work
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- Our compensation starts at $24.02 per hour, plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #18-117c. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.